Suffusion theme is one of the best free WordPress theme.The writer Sayontan Sinha truly deserves the credit for such a powerful theme and making it free. In return the users benefited by this theme can return the favor by keeping footer text “Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha”. But in case you want to remove the footer text then follow below steps
- Log into your WordPress site using administrator account
- Go to Appearance –> Editor option of the dashboard.
- Open the file site-footer.php.You can see list of all the files on right hand side and click on site-footer.php to open it in editor.
- You can also log into your hosting account and go to wp-content/themes/suffusion/custom folder.The file site-footer.php is inside the custom folder.The rest of the process remains the same as mentioned below.Any one of the above methods can be used to open the file.
- Look for the line as shown below
<a href="http://www.aquoid.com/news/themes/suffusion/">Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha</a>
- If you want to remove the footer text then delete the code shown above.
- If you want to replace the text with a link to your website then replace the code above with the below code.Replace (udinra.com) with your domain name and Site Name with your website name.
- You can also use affiliate links here.
<a href="http://udinra.com/">Site Name</a>
- After making the changes save the file.In case you have made any mistake while making the changes then you can copy back the original content from site-footer.php file of Suffusion in your site-footer.php file.