Pagelines is an excellent theme.There is a free version and also a paid one.The free version of the theme contains Pagelines logo in the footer.You can leave the logo in footer there is no harm in doing that except some WordPress aware users will come to know the theme you are using.
There is no harm in revealing that information to your visitors.You might find many resources trying to teach you to hide information like this to make your site secure but I do not find any reason to agree with them.
Having said that it is true that some webmasters do want to remove the logo from footer.There can be several reasons for doing this but that is beyond the scope of this article.I can point out one reason of not doing it (for example you have cool website and people like your theme then you can reveal name of your theme and make it a affiliate link).
If you have downloaded the theme and want to remove the logo from the footer of the theme follow below steps
- Log into your WordPress dashboard as admin and go to option Appearance –> Editor.
- You can also log into your hosting account and browse to the folder wp-contents/themes/pagelines.In either case the steps mentioned below remain the same.
- Open the file footer.php.
- In the file footer.php locate the code given below
<div class="outline fix"> <?php pagelines_template_area('pagelines_footer', 'footer'); // Hook pagelines_register_hook('pagelines_after_footer'); // Hook pagelines_cred(); ?> </div>
- The line pagelines_cred(); is responsible for displaying the logo in footer of the theme.
- You can delete the line or comment the line.I would suggest to comment the line instead of deleting it.
- To comment the line add // in front of the line.So your modified code should look as shown below
<?php pagelines_template_area('pagelines_footer', 'footer'); // Hook pagelines_register_hook('pagelines_after_footer'); // Hook // pagelines_cred(); ?> </div>
- Save the file.
- Enjoy you have successfully removed the logo from footer.