Blogging has become a way to express one.It is interesting and with time may become an important money generating source for you.Bloggers after installing WordPress are very much tempted to write their first post and make it live (I have this tendency so am assuming that others may share it but if you do not then it’s great).But before publishing your first WordPress blog post to World you should take care of below points
- Read your post twice or thrice and make sure it is conveying the idea you want to convey.It is important to read it as a visitor so check whether it satisfies the visitor.
- Check your post for spelling mistakes.
- Use simple language and easy to understand words. Believe me it is one of the most difficult thing.I had to really work hard on this.Short sentences are good compared to long and lengthy compound sentences.If you are using WordPress SEO by Yoast then you can use Flesch Reading Ease to check your content’s score.If you have scored fairly easy to read then you have done great work.
- Your post should have proper indentation and should look clearer.
- Most important is to use content protection plugins like wp protect.I am sorry to say but content theft is common issue on Internet and someone may copy your content and use it on his/her post or post it on publicly visible places like Facebook page.You will suffer from duplicate content issue.Worst issue is if the latter post is old one then it will feature above yours in Search engines.
- After making sure each of the above you can hit the Publish button and see your blog post on Internet.
- Happy Blogging.