ScrapeShield is free app from CloudFlare.It is a must have app for every website as it provides protection against content theft.The options available in this app are Page Content protection,Block Pinterest,E-mail obfuscation,Hotlink Protection and Maze.
Hotlink protection is important for preventing bandwidth abuse.Many webmasters disable it.Now the problem occurs if you have enabled Hotlink protection on ScrapeShield and also had hotlink protection using .htaccess file (or from cPanel).The point is if you are enabling the protection from CloudFlare you need to disable hotlink protection if you have enabled it by other methods apart from CloudFlare.
If hotlink protection is enabled both ways then some of your images won’t get displayed.You will be able to see the alt text assigned to the image but actual image will be missing.I have faced this issue with this website.I had enabled hotlink protection from .htaccess file and also from CloudFlare ScrapeShield app.Images were not missing from all the posts but some.
In case you have already used both the methods for protection then follow below steps to solve the issue else disable .htaccess or cPanel method before activating the protection from CloudFlare
- Disabled hotlink protection from .htaccess file of my website.You can do the same using cPanel.This should be your first step.
- If you are using any caching plugin then clear the cache.
- Purge the CloudFlare cache.To purge the cache follow below mentioned steps
- After login to your account click on websites.
- On the website listing page click the Tools icon and then click on CloudFlare setitngs
- On that page click on Purge cache to clear the cache.
- Browse your website to see the image getting displayed.