Linux certification sample question paper with answer set 9
- You have grub bootloader installed on your system. You want to boot the default operating system if user did not make a choice for 10 seconds. Which command will you use in grub configuration file?
- timeout=10 secs
- timeout=10 s
- timeout=10 sec
Answer — timeout=10
- A user created two scripts S111USERDEF and S85USERDEP which are executed during boot time. Which of the two services will start first?
- At same time
- Can not be determined
Answer — S111USERDEF
- A user wants dont want to mount the /home partition automatically at boot time. What should he do?
- Add noauto option in fourth field of /etc/fstab
- Add notauto option in fourth field of /etc/fstab
- Add noauto option in fourth field of /etc/mtab
- Add notauto option in fourth field of /etc/mstab
Answer — Add noauto option in fourth field of /etc/fstab
- What is the difference between rpm and apt-get
- apt-get is not a command
- rpm is not a command
- Both command do same function
- None of the above
Answer — Both command do same function
- Which file does contain the password of user?
Answer — /etc/shadow
- Which file contains the list of currently loaded modules in the kernel?
- no such file is there
Answer — /proc/modules
- What are hot objects in connection with squid server?
- Objects in use
- objects very complex
- objects not in use
- objects used very often
Answer — objects used very often
- What does the option secure mean in case of /etc/exports file?
- invalid option
- use PAM
- use SELinux
- the client computer should connect using the port below 1024
Answer — the client computer should connect using the port below 1024
- An administrator wants to add a user Jack as samba user. The Unix username and windows user name of Jack are same(it is Jack).what should be the format of entry in samba user file?
Answer — jack=jack
- Which command invokes the ftp command prompt?
Answer — ftp