Linux certification sample question paper with answer set 8
- Which command is used to remove a module from the kernel?
- modprobe -a
- modprobe -l
- modprobe -r
- modprobe -d
Answer — modprobe -r
- Which file does the command uptime use to present the output?
- It does not use a file
Answer — /proc/uptime
- System administrator wants to see the users currently logged into the system and the processes run by them. Which command will help the system administrator?
- none of these
Answer — w
- How will you edit /etc/sudoers file?
- using gedit
- using vi
- using visudo
- using geditsudo
Answer — using visudo
- The DocumentRoot directive of main apache web server configuration file is set to /home/demo. Where the users need to put the html files to be served by the server in response of client request?
- both of them
- none of them
Answer — /home/demo
- Which command does make squid to reread the configuration file?
- squid -k reconfigure
- squid -k configure
- squid reconfigure
- squid configure
Answer — squid -k reconfigure
- An administrator wants to add host1 and host2 in /etc/exports file corresponding to the directory /home/user. Which of the following is valid entry?
- host1 host2
- all of above
Answer — host1 host2
- Which of the following is main configuration file of samba server?
Answer — /etc/samba/smb.conf
- Which is the main configuration file for the vsftpd server?
Answer — /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
- What is the significance of the timelimit option in the main configuration file of ldap?
- Maximum time taken by ldap to answer a search request
- Minimum time taken by ldap to answer a search request
- Maximum time taken by ldap to add a entry
- none of above
Answer — Maximum time taken by ldap to answer a search request