Linux certification sample question paper with answer set 5
- In the main configuration file of ftp server the directive userlist_enable=NO is used. Which users are allowed to login into ftp?
- All users
- no users
- users in file /etc/vsftpd/user_list
- users not in file /etc/vsftpd/user_list
Answer — users in file /etc/vsftpd/user_list
- Before using a schema to create ldap directory information what a user should do?
- Add the schema in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
- nothing is to be done
- add schema in /etc/openldap/openldap.conf
- make the schema file
Answer — Add the schema in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
- Which is the main configuration file for NIS server?
Answer — /etc/yp.conf
- Which command is used to enable the dhcp server?
- chkconfig on
- chkconfig start
- chkconfig enable
- server on
Answer — chkconfig on
- How can you get the hostname of your system from ip address?
- none of these
Answer — host ipaddress
- Which file does contain the directory and file permission set by postfix?
Answer — /etc/postfix/postfix-files
- There are three clients A,B,and C. Administrator wants to allow A and B for xinetd services(with tcp wrappers).The client a is listed in file /etc/hosts.allow and c in /etc/hosts.deny.Is the configuration right?
Answer — Yes
- What is SIGKILL?
- It is a signal used with kill command generally
- It is not a command
- none of them
- both of them
Answer — It is a signal used with kill command generally
- May a process have pid of 0?
- No process can not have pid of 0
- Yes init process have pid of 0
- Boot process have pid of 0
- A process pid can be set to 0 using renice command
Answer — No process can not have pid of 0
- A user issues a command kill 0.What will be the impact of the command?
- All process with pid >0 are re signaled.
- Gives an error
- Process with pid 0 is re signaled
- all processes in current process are signaled.
Answer — all processes in current process are signaled.