Linux certification sample question paper with answer set 2
- Which command is used to get the previous run level of a system?
Answer — runlevel
- The output of the runlevel command is N 5. What does it mean?
- Previous runlevel of the system was N
- The current runlevel of the system is N
- The previous runlevel of the system was 5
- The runlevel of the system was never changed from 5 so the previous runlevel is displayed as N
Answer — The runlevel of the system was never changed from 5 so the previous runlevel is displayed as N
- Which command is used to see the listing of filesystem currently mounted on the system?
- fdisk -l
- fdisk -m
- mount -t
Answer — mount
- Your system has a swap partition on /dev/sda3 and another swap partition on /dev/sda5.How will you decide which swap partition is active?
- cat /proc/swaps
- cat /proc/swap
- None of above
Answer — cat /proc/swaps
- Which configuration file is used while creating ext3 filesystem on a partition using the mke2fs command?
- None of above
Answer — /etc/mke2fs.conf
- What are the levels of rpm configuration file?
- User, global
Answer — User,system,global
- Your software vendor informed you that package-name.rpm has been installed in your machine. How will you check vendor
- There is no way to check vendor
- Using system monitor
- yum install package-name
Answer — rpm
- The system administrator wants to see the disk space used up by user Jack. What sh0uld he do?
- Ask jack about the disk space usage
- df /home/jack
- space /home/jack
- df /home
Answer — df /home/jack
- In what forms does http_port socket address be defined in the squid server main configuration file?
- Port alone
- hostname with port
- ip address with port
- all of them
Answer — all of them
- A user created a file which contains the directories of information he/she wants to add into a ldap server. What should be file extension?
Answer — ldif