Linux certification sample question paper with answer set 17
- What is the significance of the sizelimit option in the main configuration file of ldap?
- Memory size limit
- the number of records in ldap
- number of concurrent processes
- specifies the limit of results returned
Answer — specifies the limit of results returned
- Which command is used to set the nis domain name of a system?
- all of these
Answer — all of these
- The files /etc/passwd and /etc/group are being shared by the NIS server. Which file contains the name of the files being shared by the NIS server?
- Sharefile in /var/yp directory
- Makefile in /var/yp directory
- Makefile in /var/nis directory
- Make in /var/yp directory
Answer — Makefile in /var/yp directory
- Which file does contain the process id of the dhcp client?
Answer — /var/run/dhclient.pid.
- An administrator made changes to file /etc/named.conf. Which command does check file for syntax error ?
Answer — named-checkconf.
- Which command is used to check the syntax of the zone files?
Answer — named-checkzone
- Which file is used to define the users and clients for accessing the sendmail server?
Answer — /etc/mail/access
- After changing the /etc/mail/access file a user wants to create the access.db file. What command does server the purpose?
- make access.db
- make access
- create access
- create access.db
Answer –make access.db
- Which configuration file does xinetd use?
- What is the significance of ALL in /etc/hosts. allow and /etc/hosts. deny?
- All is specified to denote all clients
- all is specified for all services
- both of these
- none of these
Answer –All is specified to denote all clients