Linux certification sample question paper with answer set 14
- The httpd service is enabled in the runlevel 5 but it is not running. How will the problem resolve?
- can not be solved
- in runlevel 5 it does not run
- change run level
- start the service http
Answer — start the service http
- Which command is used to create vfat filesystem on a re writable CDROM?
- mkfs -t vfat /dev/cdrom
- mkfs.vfat /dev/cdrom
- both of above
- none of above
Answer — both of above
- Which directory contains entry for the logical volume group lvol0 created by a user in the volume group vol_grp?
- No directory has the entry
Answer — /dev/vol_grp
- What is full form of yum?
- Yellow dog updater modified
- Yellow umbrella
- Yellow updater modified
- Yellow software updater modified
Answer –Yellow dog updater modified
- How will you check the status of the automount daemon?
- /etc/rc.d/init.d/autofs status
- /etc/init.d/autofs status
- /etc/rc.d/init.d/automount status
- /etc/rc.d/init.d/autofs – -status
Answer –/etc/init.d/autofs status
- Which is a valid rpm command?
- rpm i
- rpm u
- rpm s
- rpm -i
Answer — rpm -i
- What is the difference between the commands tar xvf and tar xvfz?
- No difference
- xvfz compresses a .tar file but xvf uncompress a .tar file
- xvfz uncompress a .tar.gz file but xvf uncompress a .tar file
- xvfz is verbose mode of command xvf
Answer — xvfz uncompress a .tar.gz file but xvf uncompress a .tar file
- Which command is used to change password of a group?
Answer — gpasswd
- A user wants to list the space used up by files and subdirectories of his home directory. What should he do?
- Check each file size and subdirectory size
- Ask the system administrator
- du /home/user
- df /home/user
Answer — du /home/user
- Which command shows the virtual memory statistics of a system?
- All of these
Answer — vmstat