Linux certification sample question paper with answer set 13.To get most out of the test series attempt the questions first and then check for right answers
- What is the significance of the timelimit option in the main configuration file of ldap?
- Maximum time taken by ldap to answer a search request
- Minimum time taken by ldap to answer a search request
- Maximum time taken by ldap to add a entry
- none of above
Answer — Maximum time taken by ldap to answer a search request
- Which file is used to map NIS?
Answer — /etc/nsswitch.conf
- Which file does contain the entry for the client computers with access to NIS server?
Answer — /var/yp/securenets
- What is the function of acl directive in the file /etc/named.conf?
- To define access control list
- to define performance option
- to define server pid
- none of the above
Answer — To define access control list
- You want to configure the sendmail server to handle two domain names. What will you do?
- Can’t be done
- define domain names in /etc/mail/local-host-name
- define domain names in /etc/mail/domain-name
- define domain names in /etc/mail/virtual
Answer — define domain names in /etc/mail/local-host-name
- Which directory does contain the files corresponding to the services supported by xinetd?
Answer — /etc/xinetd.d
- What are the valid control types for a PAM configuration file?
- all of them
Answer — all of them
- Which directive of dovecot configuration defines maximum number of running mail processes?
Answer — max_mail_processes
- you have chosen a domain name for your system. How can you check the availability of domain name?
Answer — whois
- Which command is used to create a NIS database?
Answer — ypinit