IBPS has become one of the most important exams in India.You become eligible to apply for 19 banks.But simply clearing the written exams does not guarantee a job one need to face IBPS PO interview.
Interviews are not conducted by IBPS.They are conducted by banks doing recruitment for example if you have applied for UCO bank then UCO bank will take the interview.IBPS score cards only make you eligible for the same.
IBPS PO Interview Video
IBPS PO interview planning
The interview is not easy.So proper planning and preparation from your part is required.Candidates should take care of each small points as each and every thing adds up.A single mistake from your side may cost you job in government bank.
Banks call candidates in ratio of 1:4 or 1:5 (where 1 is number of the post and 5 or 4 is number of the people called).So instead of selection rejection process is adopted.Proper planning for IBPS PO interview is required.I am listing below points to help candidates in this regard
- You should get all documents required in IBPS PO interview ready.I have created document which lists all documents required.You can download the document list from download link mentioned at end of this article.They do allow you to appear for interview if you miss some docs but this does create negative impression.You have to give written undertaking that you will produce the documents later on.
- IBPS PO interview duration is of 15 min.It can be less than 15 min but not more than 15 min.
- Write down answers of each and every question mentioned in documents of this post.You can download questions document for free using the link mentioned at end of the post.You should prepare answers for any questions arising from these answers.You can also modify the answers so that no confusing questions arise.
- You should also practice answering these questions and check your voice.You should speak slowly and clearly.You can take help of your friends or family for feedback.
- It is good to give few interviews to your friends or family.This will increase your confidence.
- There is one great way to kill interview anxiety.Give some job interviews just to have interview feel.It will really help you and is great way to prepare for IBPS PO interview
IBPS PO interview questions
IBPS PO interview questions can be grouped into below groups
- Profile based HR questions — Questions based on your profile.
- Personality Test questions — These questions are asked to judge your personality.These can be really confusing.It is one of the most difficult questions.
- Banking Questions — You can expect banking questions asked in IBPS PO interview.They expect you to have basic knowledge of Banking industry.You should also have updated banking industry news.
- Current Affairs — Some panels do ask questions based on latest news headlines.If there is some big news in Finance area then chances of questions from that section becomes more
- General Questions — You can expect one or two filler questions in Interview.They are not of great importance.Interviewers ask them to know more about you.
- Bank specific questions — You should be aware of latest news or history of bank you are going interview for.For example you are appearing for UBI bank then read some history and current news about UBI bank.You can get the details from Bank website or from wikipedia.
I have listed most of the questions in IBPS PO interview questions document.You can download the document for free using the document link at end of this post.I have also included answer formats for some of the questions and suggestions for some of the questions.You should download the document and prepare answer for the same.
IBPS PO interview preparation
You should ideally start preparing for interviews after clearing written test.But many candidates are confused due to below reason (or have below questions in their mind)
- What to learn for Interview
- Where to find resources for interview preparation
- They may ask anything so no need of preparation
- Interview of every bank will be different so no need to prepare for interview before interview call comes from a bank
- I am good in handling HR questions so no need to prepare
- I have not scored good marks so might not get selected.
- I have got good marks in written so no need for interview preparation.Written test marks is more important.
The above questions are genuine considering not much information is shared from IBPS or Bank about Interview.But these should not be reason for not preparing for IBPS PO interview.You can use above resources (the two documents in this post) to start preparing for your interview.I would suggest reading news headlines (economics sections with more detail).It is best way to prepare for Financial current affairs questions.
In case you are appearing for interview of a particular bank then read few news headlines in recent past about the bank.It is good to know this information.They expect you to have knowledge about the bank you are going to work for.So it is good to have some idea about the banks.
IBPS PO interview free downloads
Click here to download exam preparation materialExam preparation material free download
Feel free to post your queries.Consider sharing the post if you found it helpful.I would be updating this post from time to time (trying to make it more useful) so keep checking.