Google Plus page badge use is growing at rapid pace and since it is product of Google (80% search engine traffic generator or in other words most important player to be on your side if you want search traffic) Google will take in consideration the number of recommendations (likes in terms of Facebook) on your page (as +1 on your website or blog posts plays a significant role in your search ranking).The degree of impact these two make in search engine ranking is not clear but they will do in near future.So to be safe place Google Plus page badge on your website.
To place Google plus page badge on your WordPress website or blog follow below steps
- Create a Google plus account if you don’t have any
- Create a Google plus page for your website or business
- Now from your newly created page above click on Getting started (it is below the page picture)
- Under connect your website click on the option Get the badge
- Customize the Badge according to your need (there are six options available and one of those will fulfill your need)
- Copy the generated code (the code consist of two parts one need to be copied in header.php file of your theme <head> section and other on the text widget as stated below)
- Log into your wordpress dashboard area as administrator
- Go to Appearance –> widget section and drag a Text widget to the place where you want to display the badge.Paste the code (you can paste the whole code copied above if you don’t want to edit header.php file of your theme but it is not recommended)
- Save the text widget
- Edit the header.php file of your theme (you can do it by going to editor option under the Appearance and selecting header.php on next screen).Search for </head> tag and paste the code above this tag.
- Save the file
- Enjoy the new badge on your website.