Linux certification sample question paper with answer set 4
- Which command is used to change the current run level?
Answer — telinit
- A system has windows and Red Hat Linux installed on it. The user wants to access files kept in the /dev/sda6 partition with the vfat filesystem type. What should he/she do?
- mountwin vfat /dev/sda6 /mnt/win
- mount -t /dev/sda6 /mnt/win
Answer — mount -t /dev/sda6 /mnt/win
- Which configuration file does /etc/rc.d/init.d/autofs use?
Answer — /etc/autofs.master
- Which command is used to create a raid device of level 5 using devices /dev/sda1, /dev/sda2?
- mdadm – -create /dev/md0 – -level=5 – -raid devices=2 /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2
- mdadm – -create /dev/md1 – -level 5 – -raid devices=2 /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2
- mdadm – -create /dev/md0 – -level=5 – -raid devices= /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2
- mdadm – -create /dev/md0 – -level=5 devices=2 /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2
Answer — mdadm – -create /dev/md0 – -level=5 – -raid devices=2 /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2
- A user used the command rpm U package-name to install the package package-name which is not previously installed on the system. Is the command correct?
- No use rpm -v
- No use rpm-q
- No it is used for update only
Answer — Yes
- What does command bzip2 does?
- bzip2 command does not exist
- bzip2 is used to compress a file to .gz format.
- bzip2 is used to uncompress .zip file
- bzip2 is used to compress a file to .zip format.
Answer — bzip2 is used to compress a file to .gz format.
- A new user is working on the /bin/tcsh shell. He wants the bash shell. What command will the system administrator execute?
Answer — usermod
- What are the possible values of LogLevel directive in Apache web server main configuration file?
- none of them
- both of them
Answer — both of them
- An administrator writes the below line in main squid server
http_access allow 192.168.56.65 .
what does it refer?
- 192.168.56.65 can access the http content.
- Wrong format
- allow is invalid
- ip address should be with netmask
Answer — 192.168.56.65 can access the http content.
- Which command is used to export all directories listed in the file /etc/exports in case of network file services?
Answer — exportfs